Saturday, January 8, 2011

There's the pitch, it's a long fly ball ...

"There's the pitch, it's a long fly ball, deep to left, waaay back, waaay back, and ... OFF THE WALL ... and Youk has to retreat back to first ..."   as Red Sox radio announcer, Joe Castiglione would say.

Joe has been known to make many of these "home run" calls yet they either get caught or hit off the wall. So with that in mind, I know my first blog won't be a home run, but at least hope it scrapes off the Monstah for a base hit.

I have been toying with this blogging idea for almost two years. In those two years I have made a number of trades to the good people on the blogroll, and now, thanks to some encouragement from David at “é rayhahn, rayhahn” I have jumped in with both feet.

I am probably like some of you on this blogroll, late 30's, married with a beautiful family, and still cling to my one childhood memory I still cherish to this day: baseball cards. In the next few posts, I will share with you some ideas I plan on blogging about, and with your help, I can attempt to narrow the focus of my collection.

I welcome your input, advice and ideas. I welcome your trade offers. Now off to clearing the snow that has dropped ... only 37 more days till pitchers and catchers report ... 37 more days ... 37 more days ...

Shane

4 comments:

  1. Just found you through your comment on Thoughts and Sox. Good stuff in trades so far - we may have to trade one of these days too! I know I have a 2010 UD Rich Hill at least since I used to collect the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely drop me an email SM, I am sure I have some McGriffs, 95 Topps and a couple of CyberStat cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to see a great trader starting a blog. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is this "David" person? Some "other guy" runs that site. ;)

    ReplyDelete