Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trade with Cardboard Junkie

One of the blogs I have followed the longest on this Roll has been dayf over at Cardboard Junkie. I have always found his posts and writing very humorous and very interesting to me. His Allen & Ginter project (the originals) is a very cool idea and should not be missed. You'll have to scroll all the way down on the right side of his blog, but he's got some nice scans of some pretty awesome vintage A&G. And thanks to him, I began my quest for an Allen & Ginter mini "Frankenstein" set only to want any and all mini Ginter cards.

Like many of the blogs out there, he's going after the 2011 Topps Diamond shiny cards so when I offered some Trade Bait that included an Albert Pujols, he came calling.


First up, he knocked off three more 2009 Topps Heritage cards off my needs list. These three cards came from the High Series and puts me closer to finishing that series. I still have a ways to go with the regular series including quite a few short print cards. I think out of all the Topps Heritage issues, the '60 version was one of their best if not THE best execution of the retro set concept. The design and colors are really strong. One of these days I'll get this set in pages.


Next up, I can cross off four cards on my 2010 Heritage set. Getting closer with this one but still need a number of shorts prints. I would think I would have an easier time acquiring the short prints as I don't find many collectors out there collecting this set due to it's "boringness" and "hatless" photos. Sooooo, I know your out there, drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to trade for these SPs! I think one things I do love about the set is the large photo area, nothing flashy, just as clean as the original.


And finally, even though I have barely made a dent in this set (as I returned that eBay lot because the condition was really rough), Junkie sent me five 1972 Topps cards including a semi-high in Ken Brett. Like another blogger told me just yesterday while discussing a trade, no matter how little you have made in-roads on a set like this, you gotta take any card you can get.

Thanks again dayf for the trade!!! I hope to find more shinys to send your way down the line and I  have a number of oddball Braves cards (especially of Maddux) that I know could find a home down South. Hopefully, another trade will follow down the road.

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked the look of those Heritage cards.

    http://just-in-justinsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete